Yoshi Nakamura is a Director at Citi in the U.S. Institutional Equity sales division covering both hedge fund and mutual fund clients.
While at Citi, Yoshi has been a leader on multiple fronts including both corporate charity initiatives and project development teams. In 2011, as part of the Citi Global Community Day leadership team, Yoshi helped raise more than $430,000 from Citi employees in support of the New York Police & Fire Widow’s & Children’s fund. In 2012, as part of the VP Leadership & Development program, he worked closely with his team to develop a proprietary tool called Citi PARTNER which stands for “Principal At Risk Trading & Net Exposure Reporting."
Yoshi received a B.S. in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, with a concentration in Management. He also is a graduate of St. Edward High School (Lakewood, Ohio), which has a rich tradition of academics, wrestling and a strong commitment to the Brothers of the Holy Cross Society.
- 2-time NCAA Division I All-American
- 2001 U.S. World Team member
- 2004 U.S. Olympic Trials place winner (6th)
- 2002 Ivy League Wrestler of the Year
- University freestyle national champion
- First degree black belt in judo
- 7-time Junior national judo champion
- High school national judo champion
- 2-time Ohio state high school champion
Yoshi lives in New York City with his wife, Amy, and daughter, Arabella Rin.